The Cockrell School of Engineering
The Cockrell School of Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin has been introducing world-changing solutions and educating pioneers in the field of engineering for over a century. With 8,000 students and over 70,000 alumni, the Cockrell School boasts one of the largest and most respected engineering communities in the country.
The Cockrell School of Engineering is:
- Ranked the No. 6 best engineering school in the U.S. (according to U.S. News & World Report).
- Home to the No. 10 best mechanical engineering program in the U.S. (according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2022 Graduate School Rankings).
Our faculty boasts some of the nation’s most accomplished industry leaders and innovators, including four National Medal winners and one Nobel prize winner. UT Engineering students are instructed by a world-renowned team of over 270 faculty members, including:
- 4 members of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
- 40+ current and emeritus members of the National Academy of Engineering.
- 90+ recipients of the National Science Foundation’s Faculty Early Career Development Award.
Under the guidance of esteemed faculty members and supportive academic advisors, students are given the intellectual, technological and communication tools needed to change not only their lives but the world around them. At UT Austin, engineering the box starts with learning to think outside of it.